Meet Our Board Members
Passionate people passionate about impact!
- Dr. Walter (Wally) SchlechMD, MACP, FRCPCProfessor of Medicine in the Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine and a member of the Division of Infectious Diseases.Dr. Walter (Wally) SchlechMD, MACP, FRCPC
Wally has been involved in HIV research and care since 1982. He has taught HIV medicine in India, Uganda, South Africa, Malawi, and Nigeria. Wally now returns frequently as a Professor-in-Residence to teach, care for patients, and carry out research at the Infectious Diseases Institute and Mulago Hospital in Kampala, Uganda. Wally was a founding partner of in a previous development initiative that was devoted to rural development in Uganda and currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Venture 2 Impact, supporting ongoing overseas development with current initiatives in Indonesia, India, and Romania.
- Heidi WeigandPhD, MBA, Lean Six Sigma BlackbeltAssistant Professor at Mount Saint Vincent UniversityHeidi WeigandPhD, MBA, Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt
Heidi has an interdisciplinary background in management and marketing with over twenty years of experience working in industry with IBM Canada and Xerox Corporation. In addition, Heidi has worked extensively in First Nation Communities in Atlantic Canada and British Columbia with a focus on leadership development and governance.
Heidi has developed an innovative leadership program for student athletes, international students, and social advocates based on her positive leadership research. Heidi teaches at the undergraduate and graduate levels in leadership, ethics, change management, marketing, human resources, and organizational behavior across Canada. Her current research interests focus on leader positivity self-regulation and the impact on employee well-being, ethics, and performance in the workplace and sport organizations. Heidi is also the Chair of the Board for Motivate Canada and an advisory member for Grandesco College.
- Ryan StrynatkaVice President, Product Management - Social Products, SalesforceExperienced product management professional skilled in business and product strategy, product planning, and cross-functional team leadershipRyan StrynatkaVice President, Product Management - Social Products, Salesforce
Ryan Strynatka has served in several technology product management leadership roles, most recently as the Chief Adoption Officer for Salesforce Marketing Cloud. With over 15 years of industry experience, Ryan has been based in various parts of the USA and Canada, as well as Belgium. He began his career building mapping technologies and led product management at Radian6 prior to joining Salesforce in 2011. Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Ryan has been involved with Venture 2 Impact since 2014, volunteering in Uganda, Indonesia, and Romania. Motivated by the idea of skills-based volunteering and delivering immersive experiences with mutual impact for both the volunteers and local partners, Ryan is committed to helping Venture 2 Impact evolve and scale in its mission of transforming lives and communities.
- Chuck MailletVP ACOAVice-President for the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)Chuck MailletVP ACOA
Before joining ACOA, Chuck enjoyed a number of years working in both the private and nonprofit sectors, where he gained valuable insights into the challenges of starting and growing businesses and in supporting communities to reach their full potential. When not at work, Chuck is looking for opportunities to combine his passion for food and travel which he does with his wife and 2 wonderful daughters.
Chuck joined Venture 2 Impact as a board member because he is excited by the organization’s ability to deliver impactful and meaningful results.
- Paul ChawlaPrincipal Engagement Manager, Salesforce TorontoHigh-performing professional with vast experience in sales and account management.Paul ChawlaPrincipal Engagement Manager, Salesforce Toronto
As a high-performing professional with vast experience in sales and account management of application services, Paul works as a Principal Engagement Manager at Salesforce in Toronto. His primary focus is expanding the footprint of services delivered to the customer. Paul has been involved with Venture 2 Impact since 2016 when he went on his first V2I trip to India. Paul really enjoys engaging in strategic thinking, and this is one of his favorite ways to live out Venture 2 Impact’s mission.