You are invited to join the Venture 2 Impact team on this nine day long volunteer opportunities in India. Here’s what you need to do to get involved:
- Review the slideshow below to learn about the volunteer opportunity in India.
- Fill out this form to express your interest: bit.ly/v2ivolunteers
- We will reach out to you to schedule a call to answer any of your questions.
- When all your questions are answered, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to attend the volunteer opportunity!
Schedule at a Glance
Feb 16: Depart for India
Feb 17: Arrive in Delhi, Overnight Stay
Feb 18: Drive to Anugrah Project, Check in and Settle, Orientation
Feb 19: Meet program directors, stakeholders, parents, and children; Program overview
Feb 20: Begin the strategic development process
Feb 21: Strategic Development Day 2
Feb 22: Strategic Development Day 3
Feb 23: Strategic Development Day 4, drive back to Delhi
Feb 24: Depart India
Children with disabilities have very few facilities and supports in India. A hospital staff worker whose son had cerebral palsy started the Anugrah project in 2002. The Anugrah program walks alongside people affected by disabilities and their families, and as the children have grown, so has the program. The Anugruh project currently supports 120 children and their families on a regular basis and focuses on developing skills and empowering persons with disabilities while also promoting acceptance within communities.
What’s my fundraising commitment and what’s provided?
Volunteers who are interested in this experience are asked to raise $5,800. Donors will be able to receive tax receipts in the US and Canada. If you work for an organization that matches employee donations, you will be able to match any personal donations you make towards the program.
The volunteer opportunity includes the following:
- Pre-departure volunteer orientation call (with all volunteers)
- Round-trip flight, hotels while in transit.
- In country transportation and cultural exploration
- Accommodations and meals in India
- V2I accepts employee donation matching and other grant programs (if available).
What’s not included?
- Immunizations, medications, visas, if needed.
- Expenses on alcohol, souvenirs, and other personal expenses.
Submit your review