You are invited to join the Venture 2 Impact team on one of three, nine day long volunteer opportunities in India. Here’s what you need to do to get involved:
- Review the slideshow below to learn about the volunteer opportunity in India.
- Fill out this form to express your interest: bit.ly/v2ivolunteers
- We will reach out to you to schedule a call to answer any of your questions.
- When all your questions are answered, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to attend the volunteer opportunity!
Schedule at a Glance
Nov 9: Depart for India
Nov 10: Arrive in Delhi, Overnight Stay
Nov 11: Drive to Anugrah Project, Check in and Settle, Orientation
Nov 12: Meet program directors, stakeholders, parents, and children; Program overview
Nov 13: Visit satellite sites, shadow DBR Rehab and other staff on their patient visits
Nov 14: Staff Training Day 1
Nov 15: Staff Training Day 2
Nov 16: Staff Training Day 3, drive back to Delhi
Nov 17: Depart India
Children with disabilities have very few facilities and supports in India. A hospital staff worker whose son had cerebral palsy started the Anugrah project in 2002. The Anugrah program walks alongside people affected by disabilities and their families, and as the children have grown, so has the program. The Anugruh project currently supports 120 children and their families on a regular basis and focuses on developing skills and empowering persons with disabilities while also promoting acceptance within communities.
Mozzaz’s (mozzaz.com) app is a great fit for the Anugrah project. Their product has been offered to Anugrah and the children with disabilities they serve at no cost. Their product delivers individualized visual schedules, augmentative and alternative communication (aac), journals, self-assessments and check-in, and schedules with reminders. It also allows families to record observations, provides treatment plan support with integrated messaging, and communication. It connects professionals so they can deliver interventions and collects data in real-time which can be visualized with reports and dashboards. Finally it provides payers with program performance metrics, population health data and care coordination. We would like to pilot the integration of the Mozzaz product into the work of Anugrah and measure the benefits.
The volunteer opportunity includes the following:
- Pre-departure volunteer orientation call (with all volunteers)
- Round-trip flight, hotels while in transit.
- In-country transportation and cultural exploration
- Accommodations and meals in India
- V2I accepts employee donation matching and other grant programs (if available).
What’s not included?
- Immunizations, medications, visas, if needed.
- Expenses on alcohol, souvenirs, and other personal expenses.
Submit your review